The dawn of a new year has come once more. With the promise of a fresh start, a new year also means a chance for better oral hygiene. Your teeth and gums continue to be ravaged by constant dangers such as tooth decay and gum disease, so, in turn, we must continue to protect them on a daily basis.
To see how well your oral health care habits were last year, take the following quiz:
– Did you brush your teeth twice daily?
– Did you floss once daily and/or use mouthwash on a daily basis?
– Did you limit between-meal snacks before lunch and dinner?
– Did you fight halitosis by keeping your tongue and mouth clean?
– Did you get your regular check-up and professional cleanings at our office?
– Were your cleaning products dentist-approved or stamped with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
– Did you avoid unhealthy drinks and snacks that could damage your teeth and gums?
– Did you avoid chewing or smoking tobacco, along with other products that can harm your teeth and gums?
– Did you use safe teeth-whitening products or come to our office for professional treatments?
– Did you use any cleaning products after eating to limit the damage of harmful acids?
If you answered yes to 0 to 2 questions, your oral health is poor, try harder this year.
If you answered yes to 3 to 6 questions, your oral health is ok but could use improvement.
If you answered yes to 7 to 9 questions, your oral health is good, you’re getting there!
If you answered yes to all 10 questions, you are truly an oral health superstar!
To start the year off right, stop by our office in Toluca Lake, California, or call us at 818-766-5246 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lawrence H. Zabner for a professional cleaning or oral exam. Let’s make 2017 the best year for your oral health yet!